Serves: 6-8 person
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb brown rice linguine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 1 tablespoon salt + additional for seasoning
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and add in 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook pasta according to the package.
- While pasta is cooking, rinse and chop kale finely, set aside.
- In a small food processor add in basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste and pulse until well blended together.
- Once pasta has finished its cooking time, strain and mix in pesto and chopped kale. Plate and serve!