Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes and 2 hours-overnight for Chilling Time
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons Sweet Leaf Granular Monk Fruit Sweetener, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1 tablespoon Sweet Leaf Granular Monk Fruit Sweetener in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add your heavy cream and on medium heat, heat it up until warm. Be sure to stir regularly. When it just begins to simmer, whisk in your vanilla extract and remove from the heat. In your bowl of egg yolks and sweetener, slowly stream in the heavy cream while continuing to whisk, until completely combined and smooth.
- Divide evenly between 4 ramekins and place them in a glass baking dish; pour in enough boiling water to come 1 inch up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack until set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sweetener over each creme brulee. Use a culinary torch to heat sweetener until melted and golden. Enjoy!