- 3 ounces 99% Dark Chocolate or sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3 ounces Unsalted Butter cubed
- 3 regular Eggs
- ⅓ cup Crystal Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Ground Espresso
- 3 tablespoons Almond Flour
If you’re embarking on a journey to reduce weight and lower blood sugar, you might have even started your keto diet journey – maybe lost a ton of weight or so – then this recipe is definitely for you. Perhaps, you’ve got a tooth for sweet things (like myself), and you’re planning on going on a sugar strike for some couples of day. Why don’t you try this recipe? Oh, you’re just a lover of good recipes, and you’ll love to explore the keto dessert world, then feel free to try this recipe out too. Keto lava cake is one of the best keto recipes you’ll ever come across. It’s a very rich, moist, and chocolatey cake with either running, molten, or gooey lava center, depending on your choice. So how do you make a keto lava cake?
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease the ramekin with butter and set aside. On a low heat, place a cubed butter and 99% dark chocolate in a saucepan.
- Keep stirring while they melt to avoid the chocolate to burn. Another way to do this is by gently melting the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a bowl of boiling water, ensuring that the bottom of the pan is not in contact with the boiling water.
- Remove the saucepan from heat when the chocolate and butter are melted, then set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar-free crystal sweetener in a small bowl, using an electric whisk, until it’s foamy, fluffy and lighter in color.
- Stir in the vanilla, ground espresso, and almond flour. Stir, do not whisk! In the egg mixture, gently pour the melted chocolate and continue to stir at the same time to form the cake batter.
- Fill the ramekins evenly. Place the ramekin onto a baking tray before placing it inside the oven. Bake for some minutes, preferably 9-12 minutes.
- Cool for some minutes in the ramekin before serving. Serve and eat directly in the ramekin with a scoop of sugar-free vanilla ice cream. Bon appetite!
However you wish, you can eat the cake. But for a lava center, you must take off from the oven when the center of the cake jiggle and the border are slightly set. To reach your favorite texture, simply practice to learn how long you need to bake your lava cake. Practice, after all, makes perfect.
Note: The melted chocolate should not be burningly hot; otherwise, it will cook the eggs. But if the above low-heat technique is followed then, you are good.
Note: The baking time determines the type of lava cake you have. For a runny lava cake, bake for 9 minutes. After 10 minutes, you’ll have a molten lava cake. Lastly, after 12 minutes, a gooey chocolate cake.
Note: The cake keeps baking slightly after removing it from the oven. This is because the ramekin is still hot. Therefore, remove the lava cake from the oven when the center jiggle – to enjoy a runny lava cake.