Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 boxes Jack's Quality Low Sodium Organic Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 roasted red bell pepper 2 halves, roughly chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thoroughly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine Jack's Quality Low Sodium Organic Kidney Beans and roasted red peppers. Pulse until chopped, but not smoothly pureed.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized bowl and stir in grated onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Using a rounded 2 tablespoon portion of the bean mixture, form “meatballs” by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the “meatballs” on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and have developed a light golden brown coating, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat your favorite marinara sauce over medium heat until simmering.
- Add “meatballs” and stir to coat. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti and top with grated Parmesan cheese.