- KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter or oil
- Powdered sugar
- Coconut syrup
- Slice bread crosswise so that each slice is about 1-inch thick. Cut larger slices into halves or thirds, if desired. Set aside.
- In a shallow mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix occasionally to ensure it's well-blended.
- Quickly dip bread slices (do not soak) in egg mixture. Cook in butter or oil, in a frying pan, until golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm coconut syrup.