Try This Recipe!
How to Make Lamb Kofta RecipeYou start by placing the garlic, shallot, and ginger in a hot skillet and then sauté for a few minutes. Add coriander, cumin, and spices. Allow to sauté. Leave shallot mixture for a while to cool and then remove from skillet. Set aside to cool. Next, place the shallot mixture, ground lamb, mint, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Keep mixing until well combined. After that, get your hands wet and divide the mixture into 6 equal parts. Use this dimension (1 1/2” x 7) to create logs of the ground lamb. With the help of a skewer, press the center of the lamb logs and ensure the meat is formed around the skewer.
How to Cook Lamb KoftaGrill method Start by setting a grill pan on medium-high heat. Use oil to brush the grill pan when it gets hot. Place skewers 1 inch apart on to the grill, and then grill both sides until well cooked. This should take about 8 minutes. Oven method Preheat oven to 350ºF. Use parchment paper to line two baking sheets. Place skewers 1 inch apart on each baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Basmati rice: This option speaks for itself. It adds irresistible aromas to the dish.
- Sliced cucumbers: If you’re the type that likes your dish crunchy, add this and thank us later.
- Tzatziki: Pour in this rich, creamy sauce; it blends perfectly with the lamb.
- Pita bread: You can decide to stuff everything inside a fresh loaf of pita bread. It tastes great when you grill!
- Lettuce: You can use any lettuce of your choice but we recommend shredded romaine lettuce. It adds more flavor and crunchiness to the dish.
- Chopped parsley: for garnish
- Sliced tomatoes: Throw them in to improve the taste of the dish
- Sliced red onion
- Fresh lemon: To drizzle on the dish