- 1/2 lb. two US sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups 375g all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 12 oz. yellow candy discs
- 12 oz. red candy discs
- 1 1/2 lbs. ready-made rolled green fondant
- Honey or corn syrup
With Lego cookies, you can build yourself a great kids party. So much fun to make and eat! Lego cookies are one of the easiest decorated cookies you will ever make!
They are really lovely, so fun to make, your kids are going to love it. Legos have always inspired kids, cause them to be imaginative and experimental. Preparing these delicious cookies for them won’t be a bad idea. If you don’t have kids, that’s not an excuse to make it for yourself.
It will be fun for your kids to eat while they are drawing or painting. You will be amazed that Lego figurines used in making these cookies are made from candy disc and a Lego mold, and they are inexpensive. It is something everybody can afford.
You can make them in different colors depending on how you want them. To make these delicious cookies, you will need to get yourself unsalted butter, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla extra, flour, salt, yellow candy discs, red candy discs, honey or corn syrup, and a ready-made rolled green fondant. With all these ingredients in place, you are ready to prepare your delicious Lego cookies.
- Start with the mixing of butter and sugar together in a stand mixer that comes with paddle attachment until they incorporate into one.
- Once done with mixing, add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix at low speed at this stage, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. Add it to the butter and egg mixture, continue with mixing at low speed until a dough is formed.
- It is possible mixture does not come together, no need to panic. Add cold water until the dough clumps. Turn the dough onto a sheet of wax paper and wrap it tightly onto the cookies sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 1hr.
- Cut it out to make a crisp shape, Don't stretch the cutout shape to prevent them from distorting after baking, refrigerate the cut out for 30 minutes to maintain crisp shape during baking. Preheat the oven, bake the cookies for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the baking sheet to cool before transferring it to a wire rack. Make the Lego shape by melting each color of candy discs and placing them into the Lego men molds.
Note: You will also need to refrigerate the candy to make it firm and push the set pieces out from the bottom. Before decoration, you need to allow the pieces to cool down to room temperature. Decorating your cookies is the last stage, once you are done with the decoration of your cookies, you are good to go. Store it in an airtight container for longevity.