- 4 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 shallots peeled and halved
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup cous cous
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or to taste
- Lemon zest
This chicken and couscous is another comfort food dish that can be easily made in less than an hour. It's an excellent option for lazy Sundays or when looking for a simple dinner.
- Preheat the oven at 450 ºF. Place chicken together with shallots, olive oil, and spices in a baking dish. Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper and get ready with the next ingredients.
- Zest the lemon, chop half into slices and juice the other half in a small bowl. Mix the lemon juice with oregano and add salt and pepper.
- Then add the sliced lemon and the juice mixture to the pan. Let the chicken cook for 20 to 30 minutes, it should start looking golden when done.
- For the dill couscous, couscous, lemon zest, salt, pepper, chopped dill, and olive oil. Heat salted water, add the half cup of couscous and cover.
- After a couple of minutes, take it from the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Add salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon zest to it.
- To serve, place the chicken on top of the couscous, moistening it with that creamy and tasty sauce and enjoy!