- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh lemon juice, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (41g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar, divided
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon confectioners’ sugar for dusting and/or fresh berries and lemon slices
Dig your spoon into these lovely lemon pudding cakes and discover a layer of creamy and sweet-taste lemon pudding beneath the cake! Very easy to prepare and delicious to eat. With 8 simple ingredients and 1 simple cake, you can prepare this recipe. There is no doubt it is a special cake that is refreshingly light and practically guilt-free. There is no fuss in making this delicious cake. You will love it, and your husband is gonna enjoy it. A perfect cake for you and your family.
You must be curious about what you need to prepare this unique recipe, follow me carefully, and your curiosity will be satisfied. You will need an egg, which is very essential in making pudding and cake. You will also need milk, butter, lemons to serve as a flavor. For more flavor, you will also need vanilla extract. Flour, salt, and sugar are also required. Now that your curiosity has been satisfied let’s get lemon pudding cakes prepared.
A water bath provides a moist and humid environment for your lemon pudding cakes, which is responsible for its soft and smooth texture. It is not advisable to use dry heat, as it will cause rubbery tasting cakes.
- The first thing need to do is to prepare ramekins. Then grease them with butter, follow by placing them in a large casserole dish.
- The next thing need to do is to combine the egg yolks, milk, butter, vanilla extract, juice, and lemon zest together. Then whisk the flour, salt, and sugar.
- At this stage, beat the egg whites until notice a soft foamy peak. Add more sugar, and continue beating until stiff foam forms.
- Then with care, fold everything together and divide them between the ramekins. Add water to the water bath and ensure no water splashes into the ramekins. Follow that by pouring hot water into the casserole dish that is around the ramekins.
- Next is to bake until notice the lemon cakes are lightly browned on top and puff. At this point, need to be careful of baking duration. Usually, baking time should take around 30-35 minutes.
- Once done with the baking stage, cool the cake outside of the water bath, and hit the spot with a dusting of confectioners’ sugars. Follow all the procedures.
Note: For effective baking, start checking your cake after 30 minutes. The edge will be set, the top will be puffy, and light-browned. Also, the bottom will surely be pudding once it is correctly done. Enjoy yourself with it.