- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 sticks of cheese, about 3” by ¼“
- 8-10 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Sour cream, dip
- Chives, dip
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Combine the cooled mashed potatoes, bacon bits, green onions, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Wrap about 3 tablespoons of the mashed potato mixture around each stick of cheese trying to ensure it is completely covered (this helps prevent leaks).
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place your mashed potato and cheese filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package).
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in. If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350°F. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Garnish with chopped green onions. In conclusion, Serve hot with sour cream and chive dip.