Skip to content
Seasonings for Rice:
- 60 mL rice vinegar
- 15 mL white sugar
- 5 mL salt
- Julienne cucumber
- Pepper julienne
- Nori seaweed leaf
- Avocado sticks
- Enoki mushroom
- Carrot sticks
- 500 ml sushi rice
- 750 ml water
- Pour the rice into a fine colander and rinse it in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Pour the rice into the rice cooker and add the water.
- Start the cooker and let the rice cook without brewing it or opening the lid.
- While the rice cooks, prepare the seasoning.
- In a small saucepan, pour the vinegar, salt, sugar and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- When the rice is cooked, add the vinegar mixture.
- Keep the rice in the bowls covered with a damp cloth to prevent it from drying out.
- Put a sheet of nori seaweed on a bamboo mat. Garnish the seaweed sheet with sushi rice, leaving a 1 cm strip without rice at the top.
- Garnish with the items of your choice, taking care not to put too much garnish and placing the garnish at the bottom of the rice paper, the side closest to you.
- Roll the sushi up helping you out of the bamboo mat and exerting some pressure to make sure you get a firm roll that holds well.
- Reserve the finished rolls on a plate, covered with plastic wrap or a damp cloth, until you are ready to cut them for serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.