Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 chili diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 cups tater tots
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley and basil for garnish
- Warm the olive oil and cook the diced onion, ground beef, diced chili, and bell pepper on medium heat.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl crack in the eggs and stir in the whole milk, sour cream, and half of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and some chili flakes.
- In two smaller casserole pans divide the ground meat mixture evenly and top with tater tots.
- Pour over the cheese and egg mixture and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the casseroles.
- Bake in already heated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and serve in a plate with freshly chopped parsley and fresh basil on top.