- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 box manicotti shells
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
This recipe is already a hit because it has chicken in it! I mean, who doesn’t love chicken, the tasty flavor of its generous, tender meat is unparalleled. Seriously, you can never go wrong with manicotti creamed chicken and that’s what this recipe is all about; unveiling the goodness within this appetizing dish – made from diced chicken, ricotta cheese, spinach, and topped with finely sliced almonds and gruyere cheese sauce.
This recipe is one of the best manicotti chicken recipes out there. Rich and healthy ingredients were combined to deliver a scrumptious masterpiece that you will love. If you’re tired of having the same dinner over and over again, here’s one great option for you – they make a nutritious, delicious, and easy to make dinner.
They require about an hour to make, so dinner will be ready in no time. Each bite of manicotti with creamed chicken and almonds delivers an unsurprisingly great flavor and you just can’t get tired of this incredibly delicious dish. This recipe is as easy as it gets, just get the following list of ingredients and follow the steps and bam you’re on the right path of enjoying the best dinner ever with your family. Enjoy!
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth. When thickened, whisk in 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in Gruyere cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and egg. Stir to mix well. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Add in 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- Stuff manicotti shells with the chicken mixture. Arrange manicotti in baking dish.
- Mix the remaning 1/4 cup of heavy cream into the gruyere sauce and pour over the manicotti.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the almonds. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes.