- 1 pound Smoked bacon (like Applewood bacon)
- ½ cup Dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the bacon into 1-inch squares and set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the bacon to the mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray, flip each bacon squares over, return the bacon to the oven, and bake until the bacon is a deep mahogany color and crisp. (The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of your bacon.)
- Remove the bacon from the oven and let cool for a minute or two, then transfer to the parchment paper. It will be a bit flexible while it’s still hot but will cool into crisp pieces.
- Serve the bacon warm or at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container, layered with parchment paper or wax paper in between. You can warm it in the microwave or in a dry pan over low heat.