Serves: 8 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Matcha powder
- 2 cups hot water
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 1 ½ teaspoons Matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup matcha powder
- The Matzo Project Cinnamon Sugared Matzo Bites
- In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoon matcha and 2 cups hot water in a bowl and set aside to cool. (This will be spooned over The Matzo Project Cinnamon Sugared Matzo Bites upon assembly.)
- In a separate small bowl, whisk 1 ½ teaspoon matcha powder and 2 Tablespoons of hot water a bowl and set aside to cool. (This will be for the Mascarpone filling.)
- In a large bowl, transfer the mascarpone and pour in the cooled matcha tea. Using a hand mixer, whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together then place over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bowl (Double boiler). Whisk over heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is LIGHT yellow in color and thickened. About 10 min.
- Whisk egg yolks with mascarpone mix: Place in the fridge to chill.
- In a large bowl, add the cold heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer on low for about 30 seconds then slowly increase speed to high. Beat until the whipped cream has medium sti peaks- don’t overwhip.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Assemble the Matcha Tiramisu: In small cups, place a layer of The Matzo Project Cinnamon Sugared Matzo Bites so there are no gaps.
- Pour about a tablespoon of matcha tea over The Matzo Project Cinnamon Sugared Matzo Bites and press into the glass.
- After the bottom layer, add a layer of the mascarpone mixture on top and smooth out to the edges using a rubber spatula. You can also pipe the mascarpone mixture for a more even distribution of cream.
- Add another layer of The Matzo Project Cinnamon Sugared Matzo Bites on top of the filling, more matcha tea and then add another layer of the mascarpone mixture.
- Dust top with matcha powder and chill overnight.