- 10 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 1/3 9.5 oz. jar kalamata olives
- Handful fresh parsley, optional
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
The Mediterranean quesadillas are utterly gooey and tasty, packed with flavors of the Mediterranean, such as spinach, delicious tomato sauce, feta cheese, and Kalamata olives. These gluten-free and vegan quesadillas are perfect as a snack or light meal.
As described above, this recipe is vegan, and you can also add your choice of protein. They taste fantastic with shredded chicken, but the options and flavors are up to you!
Essential ingredients for this recipe include tortillas, chopped spinach, red onion, roasted red peppers, Kalamata olives, parsley, crumbled feta cheese, shredded mozzarella, and dried oregano.Once you've mixed the filling, divide it among the number of tortillas you intend to make. Make sure the filling/batter fills at least half of the tortillas then fold.
Cook the quesadillas in a skillet, flipping to make sure both sides are golden yellow and crispy and that the cheese has been melted on the inside.Enjoy this gooey dish with vibrant and fresh Mediterranean flavors.
- Thaw the frozen spinach and then place in a colander. Press the spinach against the sides of the colander to squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Place the drained spinach in a large bowl.
- Cut the red onion into very thin slices. Cut the roasted red pepper into small strips, roughly chop the kalamata olives, and roughly chop the parsley. Place all four ingredients in the bowl with the spinach.
- To the bowl also add the oregano, crumbled feta, and shredded mozzarella. Stir very well until everything is evenly distributed.
- Divide the filling among all ten tortillas, spooning it into one half and then folding the bare half over top (I used roughly 3/4 cup per tortilla). Heat a non-stick skillet over medium to medium/low heat. Cook the quesadillas on each side until the outside is golden brown and crispy and the cheese inside has melted.