Serves: 14 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can (16-ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fresh lemon juice from 1 whole lemon
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar (14.75-ounces) Cara Mia Artichoke Hearts in Water
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup sliced STAR Pitted Ripe Olives Without Liquid
- 6 to 8 cups Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 container (4-ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toasted garlic bread slices for serving
- Firstly, Prepare the hummus. Place all hummus dip ingredients in a food processor; process for 2 minutes, scrape down the sides, and continue to process until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 4 minutes. If you like thinner hummus, add 1 more tablespoon of water and process it until combined.
- Spoon prepared hummus into a deep salad bowl or trifle bowl.
- Add yogurt over hummus.
- Layer artichoke hearts over the yogurt.
- Add sliced black olives.
- Layer lettuce leaves over olives; add tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil (optional) and then serve with toasted garlic bread slices.
- In conclusion, Keep refrigerated.