- 1 box Barilla mezzi rigatoni
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar spicy marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt.
- Brown crumbled sausage with olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add sauce and 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss it with the sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cheese and mint before serving.