Serves: 4 Serves
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
This Minestrone Soup recipe is a great choice as an Italian appetizer or dinner, especially accompanied with freshly toasted sourdough bread.
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; saute for a few minutes.
- Add beans, cabbage, tomatoes, tomato paste, potato, stock, garlic, parsley, paprika and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 1 hour until vegetables are barely tender.
- Add pasta, and simmer for 30 minutes more. Correct seasoning, and serve hot with toasted sourdough bread!