Try our Mini Apple Pies! They are everything you love in a tiny package, plus they make great shareable snacks.
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor, pulse to combine. Add the cubed butter on top of the flour and pulse repeatedly in short bursts until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Remove the dough and flatten into a circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes before use.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured work surface using a floured rolling pin. Cut 7-inch rounds from the dough and fit inside the pie pans. Fill each pie with the apple filling until heaping. Gather the dough and re-roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut more pastry rounds to fit the top of each pie. Cut a vent in the center of each pie using a small cookie cutter (or cut 3 slits in the top of the pie using a paring knife). Top the pie with the crust and press edges of the crusts together and flute. Brush pies with egg wash then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake the pies for 15-17 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Allow pies cool before serving, or serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.