Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh key lime juice
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 package ready mini graham cracker crusts
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Fresh key lime slices for garnish
- Raspberries for garnish
- Create a double boiler by placing a small saucepan with water on the stove and heat to a low boil.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, and key lime juice in a shatterproof glass bowl.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water making sure it fits tightly and no steam will leave. Constantly stir the mixture until it reaches 180 degrees and it thickens.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. Stir in the butter until it has reached a smooth consistency.
- On a baking tray, spoon in the mixture into the mini graham cracker crusts then refrigerate until it has cooled.
- Using a plastic bag with the corner cut off, pipe your whipped topping onto each one.
- Garnish with a key lime slice, raspberry and mint leaves before serving!