- 3 medium peaches
- 3 tablespoons pure honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) sheet store-bought frozen puff pastry
- Optional: 1 tablespoon demerara sugar (or sanding sugar)
This Mini Peach Puff Pastry Tarts with Honey recipe is the summer treat you've been missing! Forget about the long name, the longer the title, the sweeter the recipe. Mini Peach Puff Pastry Tarts with Honey is a lovely and delicious snack, topped with any sweet and flavorful ingredients. Maybe vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. It goes well as dessert, lunch, or dinner.
This recipe is easy to prepare and to make the best of this pastry, use good puff pastry and fresh fruits. Fruits? Yes! You can make use of any time of stone fruit like nectarines, cherries, plums, or even apples. In a nutshell, just use any of the fruits that are best in season… and you don’t have to peel the fruit, just slice it.
You can mix the fruits too, depending on your creativity. Be careful not to overpower the natural flavor of the fruit with sweetening honey or sugar. Just a little quantity is enough. Also, ensure you do not smash the edges of the pastry when cutting as this will hinder the pastry from rising. For baking, be sure your oven temperature is calibrated because puff pastry rises better in hot ovens. Ingredients?
To make this, you need frozen puff pastry, pure vanilla extract, halved thinly sliced peaches (or any stone fruits of your choice), and/or demerara sugar! Get your ingredients ready, and let’s guide you on how to make Mini Peach Puff Pastry Tarts with Honey! Don’t forget to share with friends, and enjoy every bit of it! Bon appetite!
- Preheating the oven to 400 ℉. Then on a large baking sheet, line the parchment paper and set aside.
- Now, lightly flour the clean work surface then lay out your puff pastry on the floured work surface. Use a sharp knife (or pastry wheel), cut the puff pastry into 12 equal squares, and then transfer the squares to the prepared parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Halve your peaches and remove the stones. Slice each half into about 6 – 8 slices, throw in the sliced peaches into a medium mixing bowl and mix the peaches with honey and vanilla.
- Then place the peach slices on top of the puff pastry squares, laid in a ring formation, leaving about a third-quarter inch border around the edges. Sprinkle with demerara sugar if you desire.
- Finally, place the peach slice puff pastry in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 – 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the peaches are tender.
- After baking, transfer the mini tarts to a baking rack and allow to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve while still warm. Throw in some vanilla ice cream as toppings, or fresh whipped cream with a dusting of powdered sugar, or a drizzle of vanilla icing.