Serves: 7 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- ¾ lb granny smith apples, diced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 20 soft caramel candies
- 2, 9” prepared pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp caramel sauce + additional for serving
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- vanilla ice cream for serving
Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat add apples, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and pinch of salt. Mix well until the sugar granules have dissolved.
- Add in the butter, flour, soft caramel candies to the apple mixture and stir.
- Use a circular cookie cutter to make 7 mini pies.
- Brush the edges of each mini pie crust with the egg wash.
- Fill about a Tbsp worth of the mixture into each pie crust with the addition of 1 tsp of caramel sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Top with another pie crust and press down to seal the mini pie with your fingers.
- Score the pie crust at the top with a small knife. Use a fork and press down on the edges to create the ruffled edges.
- Sprinkle each mini pie with cinnamon and salt and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.