Serves: 6 People
- 1/8 lb pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/8 lb red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 loaf Italian focaccia (about 300g in total)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb Mortadella (4–6 slices)
- 1/4 lb Mozzarella, sliced (6-8 thin slices)
- 1/4 lb Italian Salami (6–8 slices)
- 1/4 lb Provolone, sliced (6-8 thin slices)
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive salad ingredients and leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Slice Italian focaccia in half and open both sides on a flat surface. Brush both inner sides with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Begin layering mortadella, mozzarella, salami, provolone. Spread over the olive salad and replace the top. Press down to let the bread absorb the olive salad juices.
- Wrap tightly in foil then weigh down for an hour. Cut into squares to serve. Secure each one with a cocktail stick.