- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1 orange
- 1 T. allspice berries
- 5-7 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pour the apple cider into a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Dice up the apples and toss them into the cider.
- Peel the rind off the orange in large pieces and toss them in.
- Add the allspice berries, the cinnamon sticks, and the cranberries.
- Add the sugar and stir it around to dissolve.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add the brandy if using, then simmer for another 10-15 minutes. In conclusion, Serve warm with a candied orange slice!