- 4 jalapeños, sliced in half lengthwise seeded
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg beaten (for egg wash)
- 16 candy eyeballs
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the jalapeños in half and deseed.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, chopped scallion, and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Roll out the crescent dough and pinch the pieces together to create one rectangular piece. Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut lengthwise strips, one strip for each mummy you’re making.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the jalapeños, and wrap with the crescent dough. Make sure to leave space for the eyes.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and while the cheese is still hot, press the eyes into the space you left.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!