Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons freshly snipped chives plus extra for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
Every lunch can be a picnic with a perfect, tasty egg salad sandwich! The key to the perfect egg salad all comes down to the star of the show: boiled eggs.
- Place 6 eggs in a large pot filled with cold water. Bring it to a rolling boil, letting it boil for 10 minutes and then place a lid on the pot and turn off the heat.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then place the entire pot in a sink full of cold water to cool the eggs even faster. You’ll want the eggs to sit in cool water for 30 minutes or so, so you may need to replace the cool water in the sink several times. Add ice cubes if desired!
- Once you peel the eggs, chop them up and toss them in a large bowl. You can add all the ingredients in at once. Stir together the yogurt, mayo, pickle juice, relish and mustard. Gently toss the eggs in the mixture. Fold in the chives, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Just like that, you have the tastiest egg salad! Add a scoop of it on top of toast, and add some pickled onions and smoked sea salt for extra taste if you’d like!