- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, optional
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large crown broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped for serving
If you are sensitive to nightshades, we have something for you; Nightshade-free AIP curry. This curry may seem odd if you have never tried it before, but we can assure you, you're gonna love it! It has everything you could wish for. Plus, it is dairy-free. Gluten-free, and will only take you 30-minute to prepare. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed by its flavor.
You might be wondering what nightshades are, let us help you with that; nightshades are “vegetables that contain a compound called glycoalkaloid, which makes them tough on your stomach and GI.” They can also cause organ and joint inflammation. It is not enough if you know the meaning of nightshades, and you cannot recognize one- tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, chilies are all perfect examples of nightshades.
Do you have an idea of what AIP means? AIP simply means Autoimmune Protocol; it is a strict low-inflammatory diet for people with severe autoimmune inflammatory symptoms. You don’t need to have an autoimmune disease to have the necessity of AIP. Enough of biological terms, let’s continue with this particular recipe. To prepare this free AIP curry meal, you will need full-fat coconut milk, minced ginger, clove garlic (this is optional), carrots that have been peeled and sliced, crown broccoli that has been chopped into florets. You will also need chopped yellow squash, large skinless and boneless chicken breast, coconut aminos, ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, sea salt, lime, and chopped fresh basil for serving.
Note: To keep this recipe AIP, use coconut milk that does not contain gums or emulsifiers. Are you scared of how voluminous the ingredients are? Trust us when we say you should not be. Let’s have fun with this special Nightshade-free AIP Curry!!!
- Start by heating a small amount of the coconut milk in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced ginger, garlic, carrots, turmeric, cinnamon, and sauté until you notice the fragrance and carrots begin to soften (this should take about 4 minutes).
- Now, add the broccoli, coconut aminos, and the remaining coconut milk. Cover it and bring it to boil. Cook and occasionally stir until the vegetables have softened but still al dente.
- Next, heat coconut oil in another skillet and add chopped chicken. Brown the chicken until liquid comes out of it, then strain the liquid, and add the chicken to skillet containing the vegetable.
- Add other ingredients except for basil and lime, and cook until the curry thickens. Finally, taste the curry and add salt to taste. Serve with any choice of regular rice, riced vegetables, or cauliflower rice (the choice is all yours). Remember your lime wedges and basil? Garnish your meal with them. Enjoy!