- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 11 ounce bag wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 5-6 cups sweetened shredded coconut (can also use unsweetened)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces chocolate almond bark
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- In a medium-sized heavy-bottomed saucepan melt butter, heavy cream, brown sugar, and caramels over medium heat. Keep stirring until smooth and sugar crystals are dissolved. (Can also use a double boiler to prevent scorching.)
- Remove pot from the heat source and stir in coconut and vanilla until fully combined with caramel. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit more coconut.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes. Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of coconut mixture onto parchment paper and allow it to cool and set up completely.
- In a small bowl of a double boiler, melt chocolate bark. Dip the bottoms of each macaroon and place them on a sheet of wax paper or silicone baking mat. Drizzle remaining chocolate over tops of cookies. Sprinkle chopped almonds and sea salt on top of cookies before the chocolate dries.
- Allow to cool completely and for the chocolate to fully harden.
- In Conclusion, Store airtight at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.