- 1 cup Post Great Grains Raisins, Dates & Pecans Cereal
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
Not everyone has an oven; not everyone has the time to wait around the house for an hour while homemade cookies bake to perfection in the oven and sit to cool. Enter Shashi’s No-Bake Cereal Cookies, for which preparation and cook time amount to almost no time at all.
Instead of baking, all you have to do is prepare the dough, shape the cookies, and put them in the fridge to harden a little. This recipe, itself a product of Shashi’s family traditions, allows you a wide range of flavor flexibility. Like the majority of Shashi’s recipes, this deliciousness includes flavors reminiscent of Sri Lanka and the Middle East.
The ingredients for Shashi’s rendition are all readily available at your local grocery store, but remember—in terms of your personal touch, the sky’s the limit! It starts with your choice of cereal. Choose your sweetness level, flavor, etc. and away you go!--
- Pour the proper amount of cereal into a large bowl and mix in your almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, cardamom, and coconut oil.
- After it is thoroughly mixed, you’re home free! Form the dough in cookie-sized circles and pop them into the fridge.
- They should sit for an hour or so, but there are other options in a hurry. You could quicken the firming process by putting them in the freezer for half an hour, or just leave them in the fridge and take off if time is really of the essence. Enjoy!