- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream, cold
- One 8-ounce block full-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Toppings & garnishes
Sometimes we want to do a nice and yummy dessert but baking is out of the question, maybe you don’t have an oven or you don’t want that heat right now, so we look for desserts and recipes that can be done without one while giving us that creamy and rich flavor that desserts come with.
Today we will be making No-bake cheesecake jars, its quick and can be done for a big crowd and the best thing is that it only takes 30 minutes to be done, so no baking, no heat, just preparation, filling jars without delicious and creamy cheesecake filling and let’s wait to eat and serve.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is an individual dessert, so no need to worry about who gets the bigger slice of the cake, this time everyone will have their own jar so no worrying or hurrying about serving. So if you are looking for a shortcut recipe to make delicious cheesecakes instead of prepping and waiting for hours, this is the recipe you have been looking for.
All you will need are a couple of cute jars and regular ingredients that you should have in your pantry. With just a few tools and basic ingredients, you will get a smooth cheesecake filling, ready within 30 minutes and if no baking wasn’t enough, you can also make endless flavors and toppings and carry out to any party or event.
As we are setting everything in a jar it will be divided into three layers, bottom, filling, and topping. Our bottom or crust usually made with crumbs of crackers and melted butter, you can get creative and use Oreos or any other type of cookies as long as it remains to solidify that’s all you need for your crust. The second part is the cheesecake stuffing, we will start with whipped cream without sugar or you can make it from scratch with whip heavy cream.
We will let it rest and mix the other ingredients, cream cheese blocks, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice to add extra flavor. You can have different flavors that you can choose from, Peanut butter, Nutella, lemon, raspberry, chocolate, strawberries, and coconut are just a few variations that you can make this dessert in.
Then, we fold the whipped cream into the filling until combined with a spatula, giving it slow movements. Add the filling into the jars, you can add 3 or 4 tablespoons in the jars, depending how much filling you got and how many jars you have to fill in. Eat them right away or let them chill for 30 minutes in the fridge, then you can finish it with the topping of your choice, then serve.
Delicious and practical dessert can be made a few days in advance and the filling can be preserved in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you don’t have jars, you can use any container you have at home. Get creative, make it in different flavors, and enjoy this no-bake cheesecake jars at home.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium heat-proof bowl or use the stove. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- The mixture will resemble wet sand. Spoon a generous spoonful into each jar. Set jars aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold heavy cream into stiff peaks on medium-high speed, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Using the mixer on low speed or a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until slowly combined. Layer a couple large spoonfuls of filling on top of the crust in the jars.
- Spoon topping and garnishes on top of filling, then serve.