- 3 Well Ripened Bananas
- 2 tablespoons Good Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Wheat Bran
- 2/3 Cup Finely Chopped Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips
The oat’ nana pucks are one of the easiest and delicious cookies to make. It is a banana and rolled oat inspired dish. The good thing about the oat’ nana pucks recipe is that it can be served as a breakfast dish and also for desserts. The oat’ nana pucks recipe, as said, is another sweet, savory cookie from the categories of delicious cookies. If you cannot get enough of cookie just like the kids and me, oat’ nana pucks are for you.
This oat’ nana pucks recipe makes one become a hoarder such that you won’t want to share your part, and I am a hoarder for oat’ nana pucks. The oat’ nana pucks is a freezer-friendly dessert as it can stay in the freezer for up to 2-3 days. My self-control is not always with me when I am preparing the oat’ nana pucks recipe, so freezing it is a no for me. I simply can’t resist the cookie. I will try to make the recipe simple and do-able for as many people as possible.
The ingredients to use for this recipe are easy to come by because it will be painful if a ‘not-easy-to-come-by’ ingredient will be the hindrance to our delicious delicacy. Oat’ nana pucks have excellent nutritional and health benefits. The oat’ nana pucks recipe contains a soluble fiber (has beta-glucan), vitamins, and minerals. It helps with weight loss and lowers blood sugar levels. It is low sodium, the vegan and dairy-free recipe as the ingredients needed are dairy-free. It does not contain eggs, sugar, and butter. Oat’ nana pucks cookies are a bit crumbly in texture, but white bran, which is part of the ingredients, serves as the binder.
The delicious taste of the recipe will make you enjoy it with the texture. Oat’ nana pucks have a warm and gooey bite. The ingredients needed are: ripped bananas, vanilla extract, olive or coconut oil, rolled oat, salt, baking powder, chocolate or carob chips, cinnamon, shredded coconut (unsweetened), white bran (serves as the binder), finely chopped almonds.
The white bran and the almonds can substitute for each other, but I use the white bran because it can serve excellently as a binder, but if you have gluten allergies, use the almond meal instead. The oat’ nana pucks is a treat you will want to try out. I don’t get tired of the oat and banana inspired cookie recipe. The method of preparing the recipe is very easy. The preparation time is 10 minutes. The cooking time is 15 minutes, which makes the total time to be 25 minutes.
- The oven is set to 350ᵒF. In a small bowl, make the ripe bananas mushing using a wooden spoon or a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix the already mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and olive oil. To another small bowl, add the other ingredients: rolled oat, baking powder, salt, wheat bran, cinnamon, and the shredded coconut.
- Add the content of the small bowl to the medium bowl containing the mashed bananas, olive oil, and the vanilla extract. Then mix very gently. Add the chocolate chips to the batter.
- On a baking sheet with a parchment/baking paper, make the batter into pucks or any shape you like. Bake for 20 minutes until the pucks are frim.