- 1 batch Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, divided
- 2 (14-ounce/398 mL) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (105 g) natural cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
This recipe sounds like a mouthful right? That’s because it is! I mean this literally and figuratively. It’s a lot of words for a single recipe and it is indeed a mouthful whenever you decide to ty this dessert goodness. Oh, one more thing: it lives up to its name! This peanut butter cookie flavored and mixed ice-cream is totally obsession worthy particularly if you love peanut butter!
The peanut butter cookie ice cream is for the bold, the adventurous, a little bit of the weird and the foodie. It’s a maximum taste bud’s rollercoaster, an explosion of ice cream delight and it’s on top of the list for people curious about the extra things they can do with ice-cream. You know as far as confectionery, dessert and pastry recipes and meal options go, peanut butter and ice-cream are not exactly supposed to be together on a plate, even their food combinations are quite rare and that’s exactly why you need to try this recipe. Another plus for this recipe is that it is completely vegan and gluten free.
The addition of chewy bits of soft chocolate chips, coconut shredding, bits of peanut butter cookies and a sprinkling of peanuts if you’re feeling adventurous make this a perfect dessert journey with ice-cream. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can get very creative with and make it to suit your cravings. It can go with literally any kind of ice-cream base and flavor: vanilla, chocolate, banana, strawberry etc.
- Start by placing the ice-cream in the freezer overnight, or for nothing less than 12 hours. This step is very important to ensure the ice cream thickens properly.
- Make the peanut butter cookies, After baking them, cool the cookies on a flat tray for 10 to 15 minutes. Using a different tray, place the cookies in it and place in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 20 minutes to 25 minutes, to properly cool down.
- Next up, pour all the ice-cream ingredients: coconut milk, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and salt into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the content of the ice-cream bowl into the ice-cream maker.
- Churn the content for about 25 minutes until the mixture has thickened into a soft, fluffy texture. Take out the cookies from the freezer or refrigerator and chop half of the cookies into small, tiny chunks.
- After 22 minutes of churning the ice-cream batter in the ice-cream maker, add handfuls of the chopped cookies slowing into the ice-cream maker.
- Churn for another 6 minutes until the batter thickens Scoop out the ice-cream from your ice-cream maker and spread it evenly in a deep ice-cream bowl and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- For servings, serve in an ice-cream bowl or an ice-cream cone and make ice-cream sandwiches with the rest of the peanut butter cookies.