- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Stir in onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef, break apart and cook until browned. Stir in smoked paprika, beef stock, and egg noodles.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the stock liquid and set aside.
- Cover pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until noodles are completely softened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved liquid and cornstarch. Stir into the pot until it begins to thicken. Stir in sour cream until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!