- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta small/medium
- 1 24 ounce Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish optional
- Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a large 12 inch skillet over medium high heat (If you don't own a large skillet, you can use a stock pot). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- Add the box of pasta and the entire jar of marinara. Fill the empty marinara jar with water and add to the skillet. If using a stockpot, use 2 cups water. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking.
- Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted. You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty!
- Top with chopped basil (optional) and serve! Enjoy!