- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 14 ounces (1 can) Italian flavored tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cup spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 1 minute. Then add garlic and continue cooking.
- Add sausage to the skillet, making sure to break it up into small pieces. Continue cooking so that the sausage is fully cooking.
- Add tomatoes (don't drain) and chicken broth. Stir.
- Add uncooked gnocchi and mix thoroughly to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Lower heat to medium, cover, and cook for 5 minutes, or until gnocchi is fully cooked.
- Remove cover and add heavy cream, parmesan, and spinach. Cook for a few more minutes, or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat, serve One Pot Sausage Gnocchi with more parmesan cheese and enjoy!