- 1 large onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 pound cheddar, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
You know when you order a cheeseburger and a side of onion rings? Well these Onion Ring Cheeseburgers are just like that, except a million times more delicious.1) Peel onion and slice into rings, about 1/2 inch thick. Pull them apart from each other.
2) In a bowl, mix together ground beef, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
3) Take a spoonful of beef mixture and press into the bottom of an onion ring. Top with one square of cheddar cheese, and another spoonful of beef to cover the cheese. Flatten. Continue until all rings are filled.
4) Dip onion rings into flour, beaten eggs, bread crumbs, beaten eggs again and flour one more time.
5) Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) Add cheeseburger onion rings to oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until both sides are golden brown. Don't overcrowd the pan. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
7) Serve warm with ketchup, mustard and any other condiments you like for dipping. Enjoy!