- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Add cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and flour. Combine until a dough forms.
- Using your hands, shape dough into palm-sized balls. Place on waxed-paper lined baking tray.
- Using your thumb, press into the center of the ball and place one marshmallow in the indentation.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and marshmallows are gooey.
- Remove from oven, top with chocolate sauce (optional!), serve Ooey Gooey Sugar Cookies, and enjoy!