- 4 slices crusty bread, sliced thick
- 3 Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, basil, garlic, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place slices of bread on a baking sheet, brush each side with olive oil. Bake the toast until crisp and browned. Let cool down.
- Spread the mayonnaise mix over the toast. Top with tomato slices, sprinkle salt and pepper and serve.