- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 3-ounce boxes orange Jell-o mix
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 11-ounce cans mandarin oranges, roughly chopped, optional
Who doesn’t like an ideal dessert with delicious rich contents, your mind you should go straight up to the orange fluff. The orange fluff also called orange delight, weight watchers dessert, or the “The orange stuff” made with whipped toppings, mandarin oranges, jell-o-mix, and mini marshmallows.
The orange fluff is light, refreshing, and it satisfies any sweet tooth. It belongs to the fluffy desserts, which include the likes of cranberry fluff and ambrosia salad etc. They come together in a matter of few minutes to create that unique dreamy dessert that is perfect for just any occasion. Orange fluff is storage-friendly as it can be kept in the fridge for one to two weeks.
The preparation is simple and fast, and it only requires only a handful of ingredients. To be honest, the simplicity, sweetness, and the flavor in the orange fluff gave me away. I can take it any time of the day apart from it being a dessert. It can also be made a day before you need it. Its nutritional peculiarity is that it is low in cholesterol and high in carbohydrates, protein, and fats. The total time for preparing is just 20 minutes since it only involves the basic ingredients in the right amount.
The refrigeration is about 2 hours One of its ingredients, cottage cheese, makes the orange fluff a good source of protein. If you are not a fan of cottage cheese, like James, my best buddy, there is a way, but normally, it blends with other flavors to create a slightly textured dessert. However, if you still can’t stand the cottage, cheese, an alternative is a plain yogurt. To maintain or reduce the sweetness of the orange fluff, you can use sugar-free Jell-O and sugar-free cool whip options. What you’ll need, i.e.,
The ingredients include cottage cheese, orange jell-o-mix, frozen whipped topping (make sure it has become fluid before use), mini marshmallows, mandarin oranges (chopped, though optional) and pecans (chopped).
- To prepare our tasty orange fluff dessert, use the food processor to puree the cottage cheese until it is very smooth. Using a large bowl, pour the already puree cottage cheese and whisk.
- Add the jell-o-mix until they are thoroughly mixed. The frozen whipped topped using a wooden spoon to make sure it folds and make sure no streaks show afterward. The basic work in the preparation of the orange fluff is just to be stirring to get soft batter.
- Then add or fold in the mandarin orange, make sure it is covered then out in the fridge refrigerate for up to two hours.
- Put out of the fridge and enjoy your yummy orange fluff. It can also be topped with fresh mandarin orange slices, more whipped cream, or more whipped topping.
Note: The mini marshmallows should be added if you want, although I use it in mine. Then chill the sweet and flavourful orange fluff dessert prepared until ready to consume.