Serves: 10-12 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 18 double stuff Oreos, crushed
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by using a food processor to crush the oreos. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat an additional 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Remove a spoonful (about 2-3 Tbsp) and place in a small piping bag. Set aside.
- To the bowl of cream cheese, add chocolate syrup and crushed Oreo cookies. Blend completely.
- Line a large bowl with plastic wrap. Drop the cream cheese mixture into the plastic wrap lined bowl. Fold up the plastic around the cheese ball. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and shape the cheese ball into a football on a serving plate. Press chocolate chips into top and sides until completely covered. Using your reserved cream cheese mixture, snip off the corner and pipe "laces" onto your cheese ball.
- Enjoy with pretzels, apples, and vanilla wafers.