- 2 cups almond flour/meal.
- 2 cups pecan flour/meal.
- 1/4 cup packed coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 2 cup raw milk, organic whole milk or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw honey, slightly melted or heated.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
As to be expected, Halle Cottis provides a super healthy alternative to a staple dish. This time, with something as simple as cold cereal and milk, we get a real treat for mind, body, and soul. Halle has devoted her life to healthy eating and good honest food, so don’t be surprised when this organic cereal has your taste buds singing and your busy-bee body buzzing along.
This recipe will take a little bit of time, but most of it involves just letting the homemade cereal sit in an oven or dehydrator. You will have to plan a day ahead of time realistically. You will need almond and pecan flour or meal, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, milk (plant-based milk will work great for vegans!), honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- First, preheat your oven to the lowest possible temperature, or set your dehydrator to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Standard baking procedure, mix the dry ingredients alone in a large bowl: almond flour, pecan flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix the milk, honey, and vanilla separately. Then blend the dry and wet mixtures thoroughly, and let them set for five minutes.
- After it has settled for a bit, give it a quick stir and basically, form one big cookie on a cookie sheet lined with non-greased parchment paper.
- If you have a dehydrator, you will want to use the fruit-leather tray. The layer of cereal should be thin. Get the cereal into the oven or dehydrator, and be prepared to check it five hours into the ten hours total.