Skip to content
- 1/2 box Barilla orzo
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 medium carrot, diced large
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced large
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bay leaves
Your kids will crave it.
- Combine chicken, celery, carrots, bay leaves, and onions in a stockpot; cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Strain and reserve the broth; skin and remove the bones from the chicken. Cut meat into small pieces.
- Sauté chicken is cut into small pieces with oil and garlic.
- Add halved tomatoes and spinach. Season with salt and pepper; sauté two additional minutes.
- Bring 8 cups of the chicken broth back to a boil, add pasta, and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add chicken, spinach, and tomatoes and boil for 3 additional minutes. Let the soup rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Get more from Passion For Pasta
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.