- 1 lb boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Orange turkey is like orange chicken, but with a twist. This oven-baked orange turkey is very cheap to make, yet tasty and so easy too. Prepare it for a weeknight meal or just a casual dinner party that requires something elegant yet simple!
The turkey will turn out citrusy, tender, and melt in your mouth good. It does not matter how you dish up this delicious meal, you still gonna love it. With just 6 ingredients, you are ready to prepare orange turkey. It goes well with your salad, potatoes, and garlic bread.
To prepare this simple and delicious meal, get your boneless skinless turkey breast in place. The get cornstarch, orange juice, sugar, soy sauce, and rice vinegar ready.
For another tasty twist, you can tuck in some fingerling potatoes and fresh herbs. You can also switch up the seasonings to a spicy mix and toss in lemons and limes instead of oranges. It all depends on how you want your oven-baked orange turkey. You don’t have to be a recipe robot to get creative with this delicious meal!
- Start heating your oven to a temperature of about 450 ºF and season the turkey with salt and pepper. Follow that by transferring your turkey to a Ziplock bag with cornstarch.
- Shake well to coat and place it on an oiled rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake it for about 20 minutes until you notice a lightly golden color, flip it halfway, and turn up the heat for the last 5 minutes to make the turkey a bit crispy.
- Once the turkey is almost done baking, make the sauce by whisking a tablespoon of cornstarch together with the orange juice. Then whisk in the other ingredients (sugar, soy, and rice vinegar).
- The next thing need to do is to add the sauce prepared to a non-stick pan and bring it to heat. At the point appear bubbling and glossy, reduce the heat.
- Then add the crispy turkey to the sauce and toss until it becomes well coated. Top it with toasted sesame seeds and green onions as desired. Enjoy this oven-baked orange turkey with fluffy white rice.