- 1 block (6 oz.) grassfed butter or ghee
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 packages (8 oz.) bella mushrooms
- 2 celery hearts, chopped
- 48 oz. (about 6 cups) Progresso™ beef flavored broth or vegetable broth
- 2 lbs grassfed stew meat
- 1 lbs sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 6-8 sprigs fresh chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage) Salt and pepper
Paleo beef stew is hearty, thick, and little spicy. This healthy beef stew requires minimal effort to prepare, making it a favorite for all the busy bees out there. The aroma of this stew is enough to make you full!
It is dairy-free and gluten-free but does not sacrifice delicious flavors. The key to this recipe is the high-quality beef broth, tender beef, carrots, fragrant fresh herbs, and earthy mushrooms. To prepare this paleo beef stew, you will need to get grass-fed butter or ghee, chopped sweet onion, Bella mushrooms, chopped herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Start by melting the butter in a large pot, then cook onion, mushrooms, and celery until they become tender, this should take approximately 5-7 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, place half of the beef broth with the veggies and blends it until it becomes smooth.
- In another large skillet, heat the remaining butter until it becomes hot—Cook the stew near until it turns brown around the edges.
- Then, add meat and any remaining butter to the pot. Add carrots broth, fennel, Worcestershire sauce, and half of the fresh herbs.
- Finally, cover the pot and cook until it boils, once it starts boiling, turns the heat to medium-low, simmers for about 45-60 minutes.
- Season it with the salt and pepper to taste. Garnish it with fresh chopped herbs if desired. Serve and enjoy!