- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of nut butter
- Cooking spray
As cliché as it is, breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. It sets the pace, and tone for a successful and productive day of activities. From French toast to the classic bacon & eggs combo, you really can’t go wrong when it comes to breakfast food. But just because the classics are undeniable, doesn’t mean you should let ingenuity escape the morning routine.
That’s why PB&J Blender Pancakes are the perfect solution. Pleasantly soft hot cakes carefully layered with a tree-nut drizzle. Accompanied by assorted berries, and fresh banana slices. (Maybe even a scoop of hot butter on the side).
Now usually, classic pancakes come loaded with sugar, and preservatives, that may provoke nap time after you’ve only been up for a few hours. But the all-natural ingredients used to make these creative cakes will provide you with an extra pep in your step, to help take on the challenges the day may provide. PB&J Blender Pancakes use zero artificial ingredients and are naturally sweetened.
This recipe uses all-natural oats, rather than white flour. Additionally, these pancakes are loaded with fiber and healthy carbohydrates. In fact, these hotcakes are gluten-free. So instead of a sugar crash, you are provided with plenty of energy to accomplish any errands standing in your way. You can literally have your cake, and eat it too!
Now for a lot of us, time is not on our side when it comes to the morning drag. But with a simple list of ingredients, and a total cook/prep time of 10 minutes, these pancakes are the ultimate morning companion. Let’s get started, shall we?
Tip: When you see the batter side of your hot cake begin to bubble, it’s time to flip over. Once the pancakes are done, feel free to add any kind of fruit, syrup, or garnish that you please. And that’s it! A deliciously simple take on the most popular breakfast food in town. And don’t forget, breakfast food isn’t always just for mornings. These pancakes make for an amazing meal any time, any place.
- Add your cinnamon, baking powder, and oats into a blender. Combine these ingredients until the flour is formed. Once your flour is ready, mix in the rest of your ingredients. (except for the non-stick cooking spray). Blend these together until you achieve a smooth, and thick consistency.
- Next, lather a medium to a large pan with the non-stick cooking spray, and apply it to medium heat.
- When the pan is hot enough, add about a ¼ cup of the pancake batter. Cook these cakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Cook one cake at a time to achieve better quality.