- 1.5 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 6 mini tortilla Old El Paso taco boats
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 peaches ripe, chopped
This summer dessert is extremely cute, but even more tasty. Don’t miss this chance to turn tortilla taco boats into sweet mini sailboats of love—and fresh peaches! Peaches, love, what’s the difference, right? You could try strawberries or blueberries, whatever you envision pairing well with a cheesecake. Caramel? Chocolate? Whatever you add, don’t forget to have fun.
You may want to fry the taco boats the day before, as they have to cool entirely before being filled with the delicious cheesecake mix. The cheesecake filling can be made beforehand also. For the fried tortillas, heat some vegetable oil in a pot to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can fry two or three boats at a time, turning them as needed until they are golden brown.
Let any excess oil drip off onto a paper towel on a plate. For the filling, get the cream cheese into a bowl to be beaten with an electric mixer for thirty seconds or so. Mix in the vanilla before you sift the powdered sugar over the mixture. Use the mixer on low speed to mix in the sugar, then the cream until nice and smooth.
The fried taco boats (room temperature) and filling (in the fridge) will keep just fine for a day, but once you’ve chopped the peaches and put on any final touches, serve these treats immediately. My guess is whoever’s waiting will be itching to try them! They are great for summer parties or potlucks—the more seasonal fruit the better, right? Enjoy.
- Heat up oil in a medium pot to 350 degrees F.Fry two to three taco boats at a time. Flip as needed with a help of a fork.
- Fry until golden brown. Remove boats onto paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining boats.Cool taco boats completely before filling.
- Place cream cheese in medium mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add vanilla and mix in well.
- Sift powdered sugar directly over cream cheese mixture. With mixer on low speed, mix in sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add cream and mix in well.
- If making this dessert ahead of time, cover the bowl with cheesecake filling with saran wrap and chill in fridge.
- Before serving, fill tortilla boats with cheesecake filling. Top with chopped peaches. Serve immediately.