- 1.5 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (for topping)
When fancying a chocolate dessert, but worrying about sugar and other things. Making an oatmeal baked brownie is the best option, not only will the oatmeal turn this almost dessert into breakfast or snack, but it will also reduce the usage of sugar and other components. You will still have a nice snack without worrying.
What we will make today a baked oatmeal, it's not necessary a granola more of a pudding, good for a light dinner, nice breakfast and snack. You can freeze it and also preheat it with no problem. Great with milk and other warm beverages.
It works for several portions. It is an easy recipe. The only thing we need is to let it bake and mix everything together. A good and healthy recipe option is quick to make and can last for weeks.
We need 3 to 4 ripe bananas and then mash them. 1 egg, a quarter cup of peanut butter, just a quarter of brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and half spoon of cinnamon, cocoa powder, 2 cups of whole milk and 3 cups of rolled oats.
You choose when and how to eat it. It’s light, it’s great, and it’s just easy to make and tasty. A great substitute for regular granola bars or other conventional breakfasts. You can make this during the weekend and store it so you can have a nice portion for your breakfasts at work or before going, it’s good either cool or warm. Either way is a great full of protein baked oatmeal.
The peanut butter and oatmeal will keep the sugar under control, while the bananas will add an extra punch so it's not too bland, it will be naturally sugared and full of flavor. It’s like oatmeal pancakes, they are a healthier way to make pancakes but still delicious.
- Heat our oven at 375 Fahrenheit degrees and mash our bananas, to the mashed bananas we want to add our egg, peanut butter, quarter cup of brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, and the cocoa powder together with the cinnamon.
- Mix everything together and make sure it is well blended and combined. Once our mix is all combined, with no crumbs and no pieces of bananas, add the milk, now add brownie coloring in the mixture because of the cocoa powder and mix everything together.
- The next step is to add the dry oats and discharge the mix into a sprayed casserole, add any remaining peanut butter and make swirls into our brownie cake. Once it's looking nice and pretty, place it in the oven and let it bake for 45 minutes.
- Peanut butter brownie oatmeal baked ready to go. Serve it with a cold or warm glass of milk.