Serves: 24 people
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup Georgia Grinders Resealable Peanut Butter Pouch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ + ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 48 mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped and frozen
- 96 candy eyes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, Georgia Grinders Resealable Peanut Butter Pouch, brown sugar, ½ cup granulated sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla extract together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients until well combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Add the remaining ¼ cup of granulated sugar into a shallow dish. Roll each ball of dough in the sugar and place them onto the baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Immediately press a peanut butter cup, upside down, into the center of each cookie. When the chocolate starts to slightly soften and melt, press 2 candy eyes onto each peanut butter cup. Place the cookies into the fridge to chill.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, mixing after each session, until the chocolate has melted. Transfer the chocolate to a piping bag. Cut a small hole at the tip of the bag. Pipe 4 “legs” on each side, starting from the peanut butter cup and going down the sides of the cookies.
- Place the cookies back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy!