Serves: 8 People
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 pears, diced thinly
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup cherry jam
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, granulated sugar, butter, and water.
- Start forming the soft dough and carefully roll it out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the cherry jam on top of the rolled dough and top the jam with finely diced pears.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the pears and carefully fold the sides of the galette inside.
- Brush the galette with lightly whisked egg and bake in an already heated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly and serve with a scoop of ice cream. pears